Saturday 11 August 2012

bloging with cancer

I have been reading many blogs on cancer and I noticed that usually the authors talk about their chemo/surgery/side effects experiences. I find it amazing...
The thing is that -being through chemo- I am unable to talk about it. Just thinking about it makes my skin shiver, it brings a foul taste in my mouth and my hands begin to sweat. Even when my friends ask "how was it this time?", I prefer to change the subject.
So, what about those amazing people who have not only the strength to bear it but also to talk,share and even joke about it!

There is a blog about a small girl, Lydia, that has been fighting cancer for years. Her father is sharing his fears ,hope and ultimately their triumph with the readers and his posts bring tears to our eyes. I cannot begin to imagine how his and his wife's life was all these years. But his hope and his dignity are shining as a beacon to all of us, giving us an example of a person. The blog is http://lydia-tigria.blogspot.gr/ but unfortunately is written in Greek...

I found also blogs of patients that passed away, and I stay silent for a minute, to pay respect for their life and their final battle. I wish I had the chance to meet Christine, to share a smile, at a time that words are useless. I wish I had known this world and these people earlier, for I found the meaning of life in them. I should be so grateful that I have the chance to live a life full of meaning, full of self-conscience and full of happiness. Of course I wish this sickness to go and I suffer as all of us but in the end, no use crying over it, life is life and we must live it through dark times as through happy times.
After all, I promised to my love, Andrei that I will stay here for a long time...

...there is always hope...