Monday 24 September 2012

Colon Cancer indeed sucks ass...

I am surfing the colon cancer survivors' blogs and I realised I am one of the most young ones. I was diagnosed at 26-27 with a cancer that had already spread to the lymph nodes and next year I had re-occurrence of the cancer that had spread to the uterus and my doctor believes has spread to the liver as well. Two surgeries, two never-ending cycles of chemo and I am still battling on the first front. A doctor told me that I have 15-20% chances to survive. And I still laugh and dream. Will I die? Definitely. But when and how, no doctor will tell me. I refuse to yield to depression, to fear and desperation. This is my war and in the war zone there is no space for self pity and fear. I do what I have to do and the rest is for God to choose. As long as I have my family and my love holding my hand, I will fight.